Thursday, February 24, 2011

Exploring and Experiencing Unity Consciousness

Once again I invite you to journey through my words to a place beyond words.

The first time I experienced unity consciousness, I was walking in the forest on a trail at Warwick County Park in Chester County, Pennsylvania. It was a beautiful day and I was in heaven on Earth as I walked along. My thoughts were full of joy, wonder and amazement at this journey in time and space that all of we humans are on. Suddenly I was confronted by a realization of unity with all other human beings in a sort of wave of Oneness that flowed out from where I stood on the hillside. I was in awe of all of these humans being. I was in honour of each and every one of them, although I was only aware of the collective of our consciousness of being.

Since that day, years ago now, I have experienced a similar sensation many times. The sense of it has expanded beyond human consciousness into all that exists in the world. It always feels like a wave or flood of being, pulsing in spherical infinity. It always feels a bit crowded, close might be a better word, but also peaceful and harmonious. It always feels as if it is expanding outward and lately it also feels as if it is flowing inward, toward my heart, as well - sort of like breathing out and then inevitably breathing in.

It is being One with. It is not an experience of Oneness by one who is not part of the Oneness. It is being the Oneness. Perhaps that is why it feels like a flood or wave. It takes over my being when I experience it, so that there is nothing which is not me and nothing that is not also everything else all at the same time. Yet, a fraction of a second later, I AM conscious of myself having been of the Oneness. Perhaps there will come a time when I can somehow combine self-individuated consciousness with unity consciousness, but up until now I have not experienced that.

When I experience unity consciousness, there is no possibility of experiencing any need, desire, want, lack, hunger. Can you understand what I mean? In unity with ALL, there is nothing that is not part of the Oneness. There can not even be the shadow of an outline of wanting. Thus there is a sensation of total peace with ALL-That-Is.

Where does this unity consciousness reside? How can you experience unity consciousness if you have not already done so?

Well, I'm no expert on the subject, but I believe that when we center ourselves in the heart and open the heart to the world with no judgement, with total acceptance, with unreserved love, we bring ourselves closer and closer to the experience of unity consciousness.

I also believe that our soul-selves are always in unity consciousness, as are the plants, trees, rocks and animals of the natural world that surrounds us. I read yesterday that the word 'nature' comes from a latin root word meaning to be born. So the natural world is continuously being born, becoming itself in an unfolding of life force energy, of love of being alive. It is such a beautiful impetus to being and becoming!

So, as we spend time in the natural world, in loving witness to its continuously becoming is-ness, and as we connect more and more with our soul-selves, we also invite unity consciousness into our experience.

The word consciousness can be misleading. We tend to situate consciousness in our heads. This is not of the head. This is not of words or thoughts. This is of the heart and of the soul. It is beyond all words. Even the little words that I have used above to try to describe it to you are nothing in comparison to the experience itself.

Having experienced unity conciousness, we can no longer understand death or life as we have previously. We are beyond many of the constructs of human understanding of what it means to be in the world, of what it means to be an individuated self in the world. This is exciting, but it can also be disorienting. And we're not running a race here. Take your time and feel your way into it. Explore and experience unity consciousness. It partakes of the unconditional love that is of the ALL. It will change you irrevocably, if it has not already done so.

Bon voyage!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment