Friday, October 8, 2010

No Where That I Have to Get To

Standing poised with inexpressible beauty, grace and Presence in the moment, is a completeness of Being. It springs joyfully and effortlessly out of acceptance of ALL-That-Is. It holds a truth in its presence in the moment. The truth is this: "There is nowhere that I have to get to, nothing that I have to do to affirm, validate, protect or secure myself. I AM."

And this Being is perfect within itself. Sovereign.

All of my life up until about one year ago, I experienced the weariness of needing to get somewhere else. I'm not talking about choosing to go. I'm talking about searching and struggling to find that something that would satisfy my need. I would find security, comfort, love and joy. I would find glowing happiness, yet inevitably, the glow would fade and I would feel the need to move on, to travel further down the road of Life and make and do and BE in the hopes of recapturing those feelings of completion and joy. Find them I would, for life is good, yet then again would come the slow fading of happiness and love and light and the slide into need and lack. Sometimes despair would weigh me down. Always I faced the seemingly endless journey through time, through days and miles, weather and world-views. The only end that seemed to present itself to me, was inevitable death at some distant, or not so distant point in the future.

There is no place to which I must go. There is no self that I must become. There is nothing that I need to do to justify my being here now. I don't have to save anyone, change anything, heal the world....

And neither do you.

Acceptance of my sovereignty, my essential perfection of Self Being in the moment, assumes the same is true of you and so, of every single one of us. There is no path which is not a perfect path for the one who walks it. There is no addiction or illness or disability which is not perfect in its jagged edges and rough pull and push for the one to whom it seems the whole of their life is wrapped in it. It is theirs. It is for them. It is as it should be.

This level of acceptance is not of the mind. If you try to reason it out and figure how maybe, twenty years from now, the fact that this guy is addicted to crack cocaine is really going to turn out to be a good thing.... You'll trip yourself up. Which is, of course, perfect.  (ironic chuckle)

There is no place that you need to get to. So, what then? Where is our dance?

Ah. Good question.

I'm not going to answer that question for you. Only you can provide the answer to that question for yourself. I'm not even going to answer that question for myself here today. I'm going to leave us with this rather cliff-edge like uncertainty.

You know, I really like walking through the forest. Sometimes, I would much rather be walking on a path. It's easier! You just walk and the path shows you the way forward. You don't have to think about it. You don't have to choose. But sometimes, I actually prefer to bushwack. Just set out in any direction and see what comes my way. Yes, there is a feeling of being faced with an almost too expansive emptiness.... But it's fun! And sometimes, I find really lovely spots -  mossy clearings, laughingly rocky stream beds, huge old trees that speak of a century or more of growth and being....

There is no where that we have to go. Will we then remain still?

I think not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment