Thursday, October 14, 2010

Compassion

Take a deep breath.

Feel your sovereignty, your ownership of your selfhood. Feel the truth that is YOU. Feel your freedom to BE who you are, to feel, to know, to experience.

Compassion gives this to others.

It does not heal. It does not mourn. It does not pity. It does not attempt in any way to change the situation for the person.

It honours the experience of the other, meets the other exactly where they are and says, "Okay. This is what you have chosen and created for yourself. I honour your choices. I honour your path. I celebrate your being exactly as you are. I do not judge. I do not label. I do not seek to have you be changed in any way. I accept you. I totally accept you and your experience. I know that they are yours. They belong to you. Your life. Your selfhood. Your experiences and the labels that you choose to assign to them."

And then it goes further.

Take a deep breath.

It goes further and says, "I trust that what you have chosen and have experienced are perfect for you. I trust that you are in perfect alignment with your soul's purpose and path. I trust and appreciate your choices for yourself. I trust that you can bring to yourself anything that you choose. You can bring yourself healing. You can bring yourself closure. You can bring yourself salvation. You can bring yourself joy. You can bring yourself enlightenment and wisdom."

And then it goes further.

Take another deep breath.

It goes even further and says, "I too am that and so I do not feed from you. I do not take your energy even though I resonate with it. I do not cast a shadow upon your light, for I shine alongside of you. I see your light and I shine in resonance with it. I invite your highest potentials to dance within your consciousness. I know that my potentials are not yours. Yet, I create a space, through my trust in you and my belief in you, for your highest potentials to shine. I hold that space in service to you. I reflect your light back to you as I hold that space."

And then it goes just a little bit further. Take a lovely deep breath.

It goes just a little bit further and says, "I love myself so much! I love everything about myself. That is why I have no need for any love from you, although I feel the love flowing from the part of you that is of God. I love myself as I am. I love you as you are. You are Perfect-Whole-Being just the way you are right now. Are you flawed? Seemingly incomplete? Wounded? Suffering? Are you fearful? Are you confused? Are you attacking? Defensive? Demanding? No matter. I love you as you are."

This is what I mean when I use the word compassion.

I am practicing compassion. It's not easy. But I choose to do it anyway. You might be tempted to ask why....

I'll tell you why!

I can't seem to be any other way.

I love. I love. And this is the way of true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment