Monday, September 6, 2010

Haiku Two

Here are a few more haiku style poems that you might enjoy.

The blood-red center
Is the loving response to
All adversity

I was looking at a flower with a blood-red center - some kind of poppy that grows in very dry and difficult conditions.



Fences encircle,
Keep safe, give meaning to all
Our reckless yearning

The images of these book pages are a little difficult to make out and the words are not big enough to read easily. I wish I could just send a copy of the book to each of you who read this, but I've only got one copy left. I keep it as a record of what was done.

Here's another one from the book.


Langorous winter
Morning; snow's lazy fall
Over crow's raucous call

You know those winter mornings, when it's snowing outside and you're comfortable in your home and you don't have to go anywhere... And you just lie there in the pure bliss of doing absolutely nothing.... Now a crow calls and the sound is muted by the snow, although you can still hear it. And the crow sounds again and perhaps another one answers, and you laze about in deliciously decadent comfort until the idea of breakfast becomes too enticing to be put off any longer.... Or perhaps you're outside in the snow, feeling the pure fresh air and smelling that particular smell of falling snow.... And there's that crow again. I don't know why, but I love the sound of crows calling. It meets something within me that loves All-That-Is.

When I am oh-so-wisely moving through moments, in acceptance, in love with all that IS, the days just seem to flow by. I do and I refrain from doing, and somehow everything gets done that needs to get done and nothing terrible occurs to disturb the flow. I'm not worrying about things, not planning and then fretting because the plan isn't being followed. I'm just being in the moments as they come and go. It takes a certain level of trust in one's self, trust in the world around, trust in the All. It's easier than fretting and planning and forcing things to conform to one's expectations, one's needs. Why do we need it to be this way and not that way? Because it comforts us and makes us feel secure. That's an illusion of security. Effortless living is living in total trust in the moment. I am not always so wise, so trusting, that I live in accordance with my own deep knowing of this truth. I am, however, practicing. It's joyful to live that way. I'm practicing to be joyful.

Things come to us; we
Are deep in the rhythm of
The world-whole breathing.


Blessings be yours to experience and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment