Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Creation in the Moment

I want to share with you an experience that I had yesterday evening.

I had been reading something online and had come across the phrase 'Earth in balance.' I was preparing the evening meal and being in the moment and I began to sing that phrase over and over again, with infinite and spontaneous variations in the syllables. "Earth in balance, la la la. Earth in balance." I held the notes, creating a sustained sound. I enjoyed creating an improvised song that held the energy of the Earth being in balance. I often start singing improvised "Pooh-Bear hums" as I call them. But this one was somehow special.

As I cleaned the kitchen and the dishes after supper, I kept on singing my little song and it kept changing. I was in pure joy as I sang those words, "Earth in balance."

Eventually, I was sitting by the light of a candle and looking out my window at the very last of the daylight, which lingered in the western sky. It was Pacific Ocean blue. It was the blue that I have seen when looking at photographs of planet Earth taken from beyond Earth's atmosphere. You know the ones I mean; we've all seen them. They fill me with love everytime I am privileged to see one of these images of our world. Suddenly, here, so close to the Equinox, I could see the Earth from beyond her atmosphere in my mind's eye. She was perfect! She was infinitely able and strong and healthy. As I held this image in my imagination and in my heart, I sang my song, "Earth in balance, la la la. Earth in balance...." And I felt the balance of our beautiful and beloved planet Earth, at this time of balance between light and dark, this time of the Equinox.

My song became strange. The notes that came out of me, quite spontaneously and without any conscious decision on my part, were in some minor key that I have never sung before. The music was haunting me in its strangeness, but I felt the power of it!

I was creating something incredible in the moment through my improvised composition. As I sang these strange, haunting notes and prolonged them with my breath, I knew that somehow I was giving a very special gift to Earth. Not to heal her. She doesn't need our healing. All is well in all of creation, even when it appears to be otherwise. Yet, she was receiving my offering of love and support with good grace. I could somehow feel that it was so. I was filled to overflowing with love for our Earth as I sang.

I will never regret the time that I spent doing this. It was so weirdly special and so momentous for me. And I enjoyed it! I am practicing joyfulness, and I think that I'm getting the hang of it.

Moments are the only place where true creation occurs. We create by being courageous enough to move and act in accordance with the moment, in resonance with it. We create by being true to ourselves in the moment. When we are being true, we can't help but to generate authentic and powerful creations of thought and feeling!

I didn't set out to create something yesterday evening; it just happened. I flowed with my inner self, my higher self, if you like. I allowed the creation to come through me. And it's okay that there's no permanent record of this. I didn't record it. Just as we don't constantly record the amazingly insightful thoughts and realizations that we enjoy.

We create ourselves and our world in the moment, in joy, in love, in our heartfelt being in the world. And the creation is love expressed - nothing less than this.   

Blessings be yours of our Earth in balance!

Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment