Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Whole Picture

I felt awash in new energy yesterday. Some say that we are now entering into a time of absolutely unprecedented change on Planet Earth. Phew! Well, I felt it yesterday.

Seems like we need to give ourselves plenty of space these days, plenty of room, plenty of time to BE. And it's not that we all need to quit our jobs and just lie in bed all day. I've been practicing taking that extra moment - a split second - slowing my response, slowing my fingers on the keyboard, my arm as it reaches out to answer the impatient summons of the telephone. The space we need might be no more than the stretch of legs as we walk, the reach - slower than usual, just a little bit slower than usual - up to the coffee cup on the cupboard shelf.

It seems illogical that the answer could be so simple, yet just by slowing my own body, I find that I have more time to flow through these unprecedented energies. That, and of course, the breathing, slow in and out in conscious grounding of self in the body, self in the world. That one slow, long breath takes me right where I choose to go these days.

It occurred to me last evening as the wind roared once again around my house and I felt the turbulence of the times, that it is not just I and those whom I know who are flooded by this new energy, this light that shines from the center of the cosmos upon our seemingly fragile selves. It is not just us. It is all of this planet that is so bathed at this time. It is every chipmunk and chickadee, every woodland deer and backyard dog and every sapling, every birch, bending under the force of the wind's onslaught. Wind of change. Change of unprecedented proportions. It is every human being on this planet that takes in this transforming light, whether consciously or not. It is the Earth herself, our grand and gorgeous groundedness in physicality through time and space, that moves herself oh-so-gracefully into the stream of it. Like a Goddess. I see Her that way sometimes.

The whole of us - all of Earth and all that is of Earth - the whole of us together are experiencing this, each in our own way and each a precious and integral part of the whole.

So, take a moment here and there, to see the whole picture, to imagine this planet, grand and graceful like a Goddess, bearing us in state through this portal into a new way of being, so new that no one anywhere has ever imagined it. Imagine all of us in wonder and worry and wisdom, depending upon our preference in the moment, in our place upon Her as she wheels slowly but surely into a future that cannot be predicted and cannot be forsworn.

And when it seems a bit too intense, remember that we chose to be here, now, specifically now, at this time, to help and to witness and to experience this immense becoming that is so filled with love that when you feel into it, it's all love, only love.

Don't forget to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment