Thursday, March 31, 2011

No Time

Once again I come to the realization that time is an illusion. There is no time. There are a series of Now moments, endless and perfect. Each one is timeless and together they are our experience of being.

I was lying in bed at 1:30 this morning, experiencing yet another hot flash and wondering if I would ever fall asleep and how much sleep I could possibly hope to have with the night progressing steadily on and my tossing and turning seeming interminable and suddenly I realized that there is no time. Time is an illusion and I was caught in it. I immediately relaxed into the knowledge that I had all the time I chose to have to sleep.

Eventually the hot flashes subsided as they do and I was able to sleep. I woke feeling well rested and even though I 'slept in' until just after 6:00, I was able to go for my customary dawn walk.

As I walked, I again felt the illusion of time. When we intentionally spend as many moments as possible in the zero point field of infinity and eternity, that endless Now that is so perfect, the illusion of time becomes quite obvious. Interestingly, clocks still tell their side of the story and employers still require promptness and timely efficiency. That's fine. We've been playing this game for years and years now - in one sense. (In another sense those years and years were an illusion. Doesn't it seem that they have all gone by in a flash?) We can dance in the manufactured fields of time when required to do so. No harm done.

There is nothing to fear in this timeless present. There is an absolute absence of imperfection. All is perfect-whole-being. I enjoy it so much, that I shall leave you now to visit there. For the string of words, linear, structured, measures out my being in a way that I do not so much care for in this Now.


No comments:

Post a Comment