Thursday, February 28, 2013

Uncertainty

Back in the early 2000's, I wrote a song called Uncertainty. The lyrics are:

A blankness where the future will unfold,
A sense my life's a story that no one has ever told,
Like mist upon the woodland, my way ahead's obscure.
I fish miracles and magic, and my faith in life's the lure!

Not knowing where I'm going I've gone farther down the road
Than all the times I've had it so well planned.
So now I don't try to hold on so hard to what I've chosen;
I hold my head up high to see where I will land.

As long as I'm alive I cannot know
The paths that I will tread if I am open to the flow.
All notions of controlling life now seem to me absurd;
Free of the fear of what will be, I'm cured!

Uncertainty surrounds me, whenever I let go,
Of all those tired notions from my past.
I open wide to all of Life; I let love fill my heart,
And flow into potentials that are vast.
I flow into potentials that are vast!

So what I want to share with you here now is that this is where we are at now. It is time to let go of all of the old stories and definitions of self that we have held to make ourselves feel certain and secure. It will feel a bit like stepping off of a cliff-edge, but rest assured that as you step, you yourself will create new ground beneath your feet. And that new ground will match your frequency, your current level of consciousness, your feeling and your choosing in every moment.

We're on new ground here, exploring new territories of being and doing. Nothing is certain, but everything is open to our frequency, to our truth and to our choosing.

No comments:

Post a Comment