Monday, February 4, 2013

Self Meets World

In the past few days, I have seemingly broken through into some deeply transformative insights and understandings. Let us see if I can translate my internal knowing and feeling into words that will convey to you the true sense of what I now come to realize.

Firstly, this 'reality' is an illusion. But in the past when I have thought of this, thought of it because it was presented to me as someone else's insight into reality, I have thought of us as unknowing pawns of our own higher selves' construction. Rats in a maze, but we ourselves in some higher and unknown form are the scientists and observers.

I do not have that sense of it now. Now, it is that this illusion is a vast and incredibly complex game or dramatic play that we have created for ourselves. To be on this 'stage,' to be a participant in this 'game' is to be privileged, so very privileged. We are deeply blessed and privileged to be here.

This brings me to the next insight that I have enjoyed over the past few days.

To be in a body, to eat, drink, sit on a toilet, does not negate our divinity, our radiance; to be in a body graces our divinity, our radiance, our higher dimensional Self, our Soul if that word resonates for you.

The HIGHEST SELF that we are is embodied in this physical vehicle, when we allow it to be. And that is what this incredible journey is all about. And this rocks my world, because in the past, I have been spiritual in spite of my physicality.

When I would finish the meditation session, the sitting, the devotional work, the transformational work, and inevitably go back to talking to someone about seemingly inconsequential things, or make dinner, or sit on the toilet, I would feel as if my spirituality was somehow dragged down by the mundane, the physical. I do not feel this way anymore. Rather, I feel that every single instant of my existence is imbued with radiant God-light.

The shift, for me, is that the physical does not limit or negate the spiritual and divine; it is as if the light of ALL that IS streamed into a basketball and found itself well content to be there, for this too is the World and the World is God.

This is where words fail me.

We came here to do this and the doing of this is our honour and privilege and a gift to ALL of CREATION of the highest value because by seemingly negating our divinity, we graced it with the understanding of cause and effect slowed to the minutes and hours of all of our days. I can feel the magnitude of the blessing that we bestow upon ALL of CREATION by our being here, embodied like this. I can feel the privilege of being one of the few, for in ALL of CREATION, seven billion is not a whole lot.

All else that I am currently realizing, in the truest sense of that word, as I am making it real in my experience, is an outflow from that shift in perception about our being here, as we are, in bodies, seemingly weak, flawed, petty and peculiar, devastatingly separated from the God that we love with every breath that we take. In truth, as I now see it, we are creative, perfect, eternal, radiating the light and love that is God with every inhale and exhale. 

There is an outflow of realization of such joy and beauty and gladness that I simply sit in wonder. This is impacting my understanding of creation, manifestation, feelings, wantings, fear, time and all other things.

Then, the telephone rings, or my husband wants his supper, or I need to brush my teeth. And the mundane world around me is to me this most precious and wonderful thing: it is the stage upon which we rediscover the truth of who we are and we do this in order to bring the awareness and compassion of our humanity into our divinity.

We do not negate our humanity by claiming our divinity. We do not negate our divinity by making supper, by claiming our humanity. Each graces the other. We came here for this.

Comments are most welcome. Did I do what I set out to do here today? Did I manage to convey even a fraction of what I am realizing?

My limitations are indeed a joy to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment