Friday, November 23, 2012

Nowhere Better

There is nowhere better than here now.

Many of us are trying to get to someplace else, to enjoy ourselves.... when we have... or when we are...

I see people leaving their lives to go somewhere else. They are excited and exhilerated to be doing this. I have wondered about this vacation of one's life, because I do not do this. I have not been on or in a vacation in decades. It is literally leaving one's life vacant while one goes somewhere else for a time. This is not the same as being one who travels and builds a life and a career or a calling upon that travel. This is literally vacating one's life. I did it many years ago and I remember how empty and sad my life seemed when I returned to it.

Vacation is also not the same thing as recreation. Recreation is literally re-creating your experience by creating something that excites you, that you feel passionate about and bringing that into your experience within the context of your life.

People associate the word 'recreation' with fun, and so it is. It is often a whole lot of fun. Recreation for me recently has been creating drumming circles and singing circles to share my passion for sound and rhythm with others. These activities re-animate my joy in simply being here, embodied upon this Earth at this time.

Another recreation for me these days has been the creation of a talk radio show brought to you world-wide through the internet. Look for us live on Saturday mornings at 11:00 Eastern time (Eastern North America), at www.BlogTalkRadio.com. Search for Talking Stick Radio on the BlogTalkRadio site and you'll find us very easily. My friend, Susan, and I are talking about empowerment of self and others through knowing and speaking one's truth in a safe circle of sharing and compassion. This is another recreation that is bringing great joy and therefore, new energy into my life.

I love the world. I love my life. I wouldn't trade this for anything. When I am completely honest with myself, there is nowhere else I would rather be and nothing else I would rather be doing. I live simply. I live quietly. I love the space in which I live and the way in which I live there.

I ground myself into my truth, into my life, more and more each day.

There is nowhere better than here. There is no time better than this moment. There is nothing, no experience, better than this one, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment