Sunday, October 14, 2012

Which Comes First?

Do I choose to have a good day and so have the experience that my day is pleasant for me?

Or do I experience pleasure and thusly conclude that I am having a good day?

Today, a Sunday, the sky is grey and the rain is falling steadily. I could easily feel discouraged or disappointed by this. Yet, I have chosen to accept what life brings to me and to find the peaceful core of every moment. So, in the dim morning light as the cold rain falls, I think about busying myself in my kitchen, preparing foods for the days to come and warming my home at the same time.

We experience the world around us as a reflection of our vibration, not the other way around. We experience happiness because we choose happiness as our way of being, our frequency of being. It is like tuning ourselves to a particular radio station. We are tuning ourselves to the 'radio station' called happiness, or contentment. And everything that we experience, if we accept it as it is, then becomes our accepting and happy experience of the world.

It is easy to fall back into discontentment and dismay. All we have to do is to be in resistance to something that we are experiencing. In this way, we are saying, "No. I do not accept this situation, feeling or experience." We separate ourselves, in this way, from the divine flow of being and becoming that surrounds us, that lives within us. We become separated, alienated and discontented.

Therefore, acceptance and allowance of all things are the way forward if we wish to experience peace, joy, happiness and the feeling of being part of life's divine and graceful flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment