Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Heaven of Colour and Sound

Day before yesterday, I sat on the autumn-hued hillside looking out at the bare branches of the hickory and maples, the deep green of the hemlocks and the copper tatters of beech leaves still holding on. One young beech had brilliant yellow leaves clinging inspite of the wind that had me drawing my collar up.

I was facing Mount Pinnacle, seen through the branches and across the valley. It looks like the breast of a young woman lying on her back. It is very graceful and soft and its colour was purple-blue.

I started to tone. This was not the sounding that I have been doing, but a song to the moment, to the scene. It was incredibly melancholy and slow. There was a sense of quiet release to it. I decided to call it 'Regrets Released.' I would have liked somehow to record the song as I toned it there on the hillside.

I will try to somehow recreate it this coming weekend with a microphone and digital recorder in the house.

That same day, I toned very differently over by the mountain stream. The water was black and silver and the mosses glowed green on the dark rocks, wet from the spraying stream water as it rushed over and down. As I toned, chickadees came in close and sang along.

I am living in this Heaven of colour and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment