Sunday, October 7, 2012

A New Level of Love for Self

In the past, I have loved my mind, my soul, my heart, my emotions, my process and all of my experiences - the good, the bad and the downright ugly.

I have loved my skin and my muscles too.

Sitting in my comfortable chair the other evening, calm and restful, I suddenly perceived my internal organs.

I began at the base of my torso and could perceive with my mind's eye, very clearly, the organs situated there. I loved them completely, delightedly, passionately and compassionately.

Then, I moved upward and perceived the viscera of my digestive system and felt a huge love for them.

And on it went, up through my lungs and heart, my brain and the whole system of ears, nose, sinuses and throat that processes air, scent and sound.

Suddenly, I was intensely aware of my bones, my skeletal structure, almost as if I were a medically trained professional and could see my body as a series of systems, intricate, complex and perfectly designed as my physical vessel through time and space. The love and joy were total within me and were delightedly spreading through my body, not just at the level of my skin and muscles, as before, but deep into my viscera.

And the level of self-love that now permeates even my liver, my kidneys, my bowels and my bladder feels miraculous to me. This is a whole new level of self-love.

The peace and trust within me are complete, it seems.
Life is easy, joyful and calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment