Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Feeling Into the Truth

The days here in southern Quebec are getting shorter. My dawn walk must be postponed until almost seven o'clock now because the darkness lingers. The mornings are often cold and wet so that I am reluctant to leave the light and warmth of the house. Still, I call my neighbour on the other side of the ridge and we agree to meet out there, in the chill and the dim light. We encourage each other.

 It was earlier this year, when the sun was still bright and warm in the mornings, that I made a decision that changed me deeply.

I decided to always be in the truth of myself, no matter what that truth was. I decided to ground myself in the truth of myself in every moment.

So, if I am frustrated, then I accept that. If I am craving a cigarette after quitting smoking ten years ago!!!! Then I accept that also. If I am filled with sadness because I find myself still longing for things that I do not have, then that is my truth in the moment and I accept that as well.

From this acceptance of my truth, this acceptance of what I am feeling in every moment, I am free. I am no longer trying to avoid the truth about myself. I am no longer in denial, resistance, or struggle against my situation and my feelings about my situation.

It doesn't matter what I am experiencing in the moment, because it will be accepted by me. Nothing can shake that solid foundation, which is the courage and the clarity to accept my experience in every moment.

I feel whatever I am feeling. I am centered and grounded in the truth of my being and that is a solid place on which to stand.

I practice acceptance, appreciation, unconditional love, non-judgement, non-resistance, trust, peace, enjoyment and gratitude.

Whenever I stray now, into resistance of my own truth in the moment, I can feel it, like poison in my veins, like lies poured into my soul, like injury to my very core. I don't stay there for very long, I can assure you.

So, even though the days are darkened and the winds are cold, I surrender into every moment of every day and I find the days good!

I vow right here and right now that I will always embrace my own truth in the moment, the whole truth of my being, my feeling and my knowing. This is a safe space for me. It might seem like it would be the opposite, but this is a safe space.

No comments:

Post a Comment