Thursday, January 13, 2011

Play Time!

What feels good now? Do that.

Is it self-indulgent? You deserve it.

Is it fun? Exciting? Does it fill you with joy and pleasure to think about it? Then go for it.

Don't worry. You're not going to hurt anyone. You're not going to become imbalanced if you enjoy yourself thoroughly today.

What do I feel like doing now? This is always the perfect question to ask yourself. And then trust the answer that comes.

You know, I was thinking about yesterday's post here and I realized that all of my life, I have sought to help others, improve the condition of others' lives, benefit others through my presence. All of  my life I have been in service to others. That's fine, but often I found myself in service to others at the expense of myself. That's not fine - not even a little bit.

"So, enjoy life," I tell myself.

Center yourself within and be true to that.

This is my practice for the next little while - centering myself within, and specifically within my heart, breathing in that feeling and then moving from there into joy in the moment. I thought that I was being good to myself over the past years, and in many ways I was, but this is a self-centeredness which brings me into integrity such as I have never allowed myself. Never. Ever. Ever.

Even just typing the word 'self-centeredness' feels wrong. How can it be wrong to be centered within your own being? Yet we, especially women, have been taught not to center our consciousness from within ourselves. Where then is our well-spring of being? How can we be true to ourselves if we are not self-centered?

So, I'm taking deep breaths and literally going within to find my place in the moment. I'm practicing referring to my own truth even when I am conversing with others. As a person of integrity, you would think that I would be doing that all the time anyway. But as an empathic intuitive who has found it very challenging to know what is hers and what is not, this is a practice.

Talking candidly with a good friend yesterday helped me to see where my practice and intention now lie. I'm ready for the challenge. Be true to yourself, Lu. Enjoy yourself. Center yourself within yourself and play in the world.

What feels good now? Do that. It's play time!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this!!! You always have a new way of presenting words, and the one that is flashing at me like a neon light is “self-centered”. You gave a definition for this that I never thought of but how true!! Being “self-centered” is simply the process of being centered within myself. It is about me and only me and does not concern or include anyone but me!! Wow! Now there’s a concept!

    Love you LU!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete