Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Solstice Beauty Break

Over the past few weeks, I've been taking photographs from my home and from a certain favoured spot on the road down to Sutton village. Here are a few of these, selected as the best that I have to offer to you.



Snow clothes the trees in the forest until I cannot see through them at all, except where a rare glimpse of blue sky brings me a sense of space and light and spring days to come.


The bulk of Sutton's southwestern shoulder seems so comforting to me. When I reach this point in the road from the village, I always feel as if I am home, even though I have another mile to go, up and to the right, before reaching my driveway. These fields are part of a very old farm, owned by a man I know, who inherited them from his uncle. He works them, grazing cattle here in the warmer months and bringing in hay every year.


The rare glimpse of sunlight warms me as it sits low and setting at 3:45 in the afternoon.

May this solstice day find you exactly as and how and where you choose to be. Blessings of self-fulfillment and free choice be yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment