Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Your Truth

Perhaps you have been experiencing the same trend in your life that I have been experiencing in mine; an increasingly emphatic imperative to maintain my integrity, to act in accordance with my truth at all times. Anything else becomes, for me, unbearable.

So what is your truth? Where do you find it?

I have found that I need to immerse myself far less in the mass consciousness of popular culture. Broadcast television and popular radio have long ceased to hold any value for me. Yet I find myself pulling away even from cable television, magazines, and other mediated forms of popular culture. They seem like just so much noise to me now. And I seek silence and enjoy a quiet environment as never before.

I find my truth in my passionate enthusiasm for the natural world, for plants, forests, gardens and the beauty of sky and water.

What are you passionate about? What activity so engages you that you disregard discomfort, shrug off hunger, forget time?

And who are you? In your essence. In your truth. Who are you?

I used to find unanswered questions such as these unbearable. I really did. I would distract myself from them, or try to answer them with platitudes or someone else's version of the truth. These days, I cannot bring myself to do that. I choose to be in my truth and that means that if I cannot answer that question about myself at this time, then it remains unanswered. There is then, that blessed silence which I have sought. No distracting noises, no lies or evasions. And I truly believe that from within that sacred silence an answer will eventually come. And it will be the truth. A prize worth waiting for.

Take a deep breath, Lu.

Another trend, or another aspect of the same trend, is that the more I AM in my truth, the more quiet I become and the more I honour others and their truths. I find this way of being almost heart-breakingly beautiful, and I can imagine being like this always, with everyone, in every situation. It seems like another facet of the Heaven on Earth that we are creating.

It's not always easy. I don't always like what I see in myself, yet see it I will, for I choose that totalilty of knowledge of self, acceptance of self and truth about what and who I am in the world.

So, how do you stand? What is your truth in this moment? Who are you? Who do you choose to be?

Now, I love words when they speak the truth about who I AM.


           Each Word
         (read this in a whisper)

Each word
Is a responsibility

I would speak
Each word
Roundly and with great care

Knowing each word’s every
Meaning, shading, colours

Tone and sound

I would love

Its perfect being
Its history, geography, culture, resonance.

The All with which it shares its fullness

The silence that surrounds it
   

No comments:

Post a Comment