Monday, November 22, 2010

The People Around Us

I intend so consistently to be the person whom I choose to be, and it means so very much to me that I then offer that Self to others, that I tend to forget how beautiful and wise and wonderful the people around me are. Then, they show me. They show me their wisdom and their ways and I fall in love, in the moment, with ALL that they are.

That happened to me yesterday. I attended the In the Moment dancing activity as usual on the third Sunday of the month. I had been looking forward to the activity because I love to dance and I love to spend time at the Sunshine Center in Sutton village. The energy there is just so wonderful!

The dancing activity is led by Ilia Kavoukis, who created the Sunshine Center. She loves to dance and creates a playlist of songs on her laptop computer which she then hooks up to the dance and yoga studio's sound system. She had a variety of music selected for us. We never know who will come to the activity, so she selects a variety of musical styles to suit everyone's taste.

We were a small group because one of our most dedicated dance participants had injured herself doing other exercise and another had a family emergency and could not attend. But we had a new face among us and some wonderful balanced energy to move with. Ilia chose to play certain songs and not others, feeling the energy of the group in the moment through her wisdom and insightfulness. She did such a great job leading us!

We all moved in the moment in our own ways, reading the energy of the group and ourselves so that we were in harmony with each other throughout. At the end of the session, we all were very calm and joyful. It is as if we had entered a mild healing trance as we danced. Near the end of our dancing, with a very calm and beautiful piece of music playing, Ilia had invited us to move a bit more slowly and bring the energy down. Then she said something that completely inspired me in the moment. She said, "Make of your dance a prayer to your higher self." Ahhhhhh. I did. I really really did! And I breathed with it and it was wonderful!

Then we sort of spontaneously sat on yoga mats in a blissful state, still half entranced and lingering in it. Our bodies were warm and flexible and filled with life, but not tired. Led by Ilia, we sent that blissful energy out to absent friends and to those whom we knew were struggling a bit - a friend just out of the hospital after surgery, a friend just recently bereaved by the death of his father.... We sent them compassion and the space to be in their truth, in their moments, yet supported in their being by our energies. And then we were sending our compassion out to all the world, to all the people on the Earth, to the Earth Herself, to Gaia, to the universe beyond, in spontaneous expression of our expansiveness and ability to stretch ourselves multi-dimensionally out that far. Oh, joy!

And then we shared. We shared our sense of the experience of the dancing, of the feel of the energy and of our coming to the activity - who we Are. We shared that. Two of us shared how they had met many years ago, how they had met through the creation of wonderful circles of shared experience, how they had grown and changed and created more circles of wisdom over the years. "Oh, brave new world that has such people in it!" (apologies to whoever wrote the novel Brave New World - it's just a great line and sometimes, I've gotta use it!)

I so appreciated the wisdom and grace of the people around me! I left there still entranced, not just by the dance and the spontaneous meditation and contemplation of compassion, but by the people who shared that experience with me! I feel so blessed to be on this Earth at this time, surrounded by such divine human beings.

We are the Ones we have been waiting for. We are that wise and that good, that pure and that loving, that compassionate and that giving. We ARE. And more and more and more, as we accept our divine natures, we ARE.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment