Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Whole New Level of Self-Love

I have been in love with myself for well over a year now. It's a great way to be. Yet, just the other day, I experienced self-love on a whole new level and I'd like to share that with you here.

In the past, I have loved my mind, my soul, my heart, my emotions, my process and all of my experiences - the good, the bad and the downright ugly. I have loved my skin and my muscles too.

Sitting in my comfortable chair the other evening, calm and restful, I suddenly perceived my internal organs. I began at the base of my torso and could perceive with my  mind's eye very clearly, the organs situated there. I loved them completely and delightedly and passionately and compassionately. Then, I moved upward and perceived the viscera of my digestive system and felt a huge love for them. And on it went, up through my lungs and heart, my brain and the whole system of ears, nose, sinuses and throat that processes air, scent and sound. Suddenly, I was intensely aware of my bones, my skeletal structure, almost as if I were a medically trained professional and could see my body as a series of systems, intricate, complex and perfectly designed as my physical vessel through time and space. The love and joy were total within me and were delightedly spreading through my body, not just at the level of my skin and muscles, as before, but deep into my 'blood and guts' body, so to speak.

This morning, in meditation, I again had a very clear sense of my body's inner workings and the beauty and perfection of my organs and systems. I had pain in the soles of my feet and sent a colour to them, cooling and soothing, a turquoise blue-green. Immediately the pain left my feet. I felt a slight discomfort in my wrist, probably from using the computer so much, and sent a similar colour there. There was no mind, no thought, associated with this colour; it came from the innate knowing that I become more and more conscious of these days. The discomfort in my wrist disappeared.

Lately, I have been so much more aware of tones of colour and tones of sound as energetic frequencies that mean a great deal to me on levels beyond the mind. So, I am now playing with these tones of colour and sound joyfully as tools of healing, rebalancing and creation. This is fun!

And the level of self-love that now permeates even my liver, my kidneys, my bowels and my bladder feels miraculous to me. This is a whole new level of self-love.

1 comment:

  1. It is a much greater thing, to choose to love the One who created us, than to love the creation itself.

    ReplyDelete