Wednesday, September 7, 2011

True Love

Let's put aside, once and for all, the notion of romantic love, love for one specific other and so love denied to the rest of humanity, to the rest of the world. So often, love seems to equal possession or control over or obsession with. Let's let that go. Let's talk about true love.

True love is never holding, only witnessing and appreciating. True love accepts the beloved exactly as it is. True love does not covet, but only adores with gladness. It does not seek anything. It is complete in the moment in the delight of that which is loved.

To love without fear is to love truly. It is the fear of not having what we somehow think we need, the fear of lack, which prevents us from true love. When I am completely free of all want and all need, I am free to love. Loving in the context of such complete freedom fills me with joy. It feels like heaven on Earth.

We somehow know, deep inside ourselves, what heaven feels like. It is an unspoken knowing, beyond words. When I try to express it, I end up using a lot of words to give the depth of it to you. In every moment that we experience love for someone or something, in every moment of opening in appreciation to something in the world, including ourselves, we experience unity with the thing beloved. We fill ourselves with peace and know no lack and no fear of lack. In that moment, we are complete and that completion in the moment is heaven on Earth. It is as simple and immediate as looking at something with eyes of love and acceptance. It costs nothing.

I am filled with joy simply because the world exists. Our souls need no other nourishment than this. I, choosing to be soulful, choosing the frequency of joy, direct myself to nourish the soul within me by allowing appreciation and enjoyment to have their place in my experience every day.

This is true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment