Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Being in Your Truth

I was talking with my husband. He is not one who believes, as I do, in the unconditional love that is sweeping our world, in the golden light that is flooding our cells.

I was speaking with him and I suddenly felt the imperative to speak my truth to him. I knew that he wasn't very receptive to these kinds of words. I knew that he didn't particularly want me to speak of these things, things like love and honouring of all people.

My husband and I get along really well, but we are usually talking about the day to day details of our lives, or things happening in the world around us, people we know, plans we have to cook a meal for a friend or to do some yard work or something. We joke around a lot together also. I knew that this communication would be very different than any of that.

I sat up a little bit straighter in my comfortable chair as I faced him with love and honour of all that he is. I spoke from my heart. And as I did this, I changed. And the energy in the room changed. My speech was slower and more weighted as I spoke. The energy emanating from me was different. I was speaking my truth and it made all the difference to me. It felt marvelous!

I didn't say much. I just spoke what was in my heart in that moment. There was nothing rehearsed. I had not prepared anything. And I was NOT attached to any outcome as I did this. It did not matter to me what his response would be. It mattered tremendously to me that I spoke from my heart.

Every single time that speak from my heart of the truth that is in me in that moment, I feel as if I am speaking from a place of divine wisdom, grace and unconditional love. And I don't think that this is because I am different than you are, or than anyone is. I think this is because whenever any of us speaks from our hearts of the truth that is in us in that moment, we speak from a place of divine wisdom, grace and unconditional love.

And as we do this, we bring more of these energies into the world. We bring divine wisdom. We bring divine grace. We bring divine and powerfully transformative unconditional love. We give these to the world when we speak our truth from our hearts.

This is what I call 'being in my truth.' Indeed, I don't actually have to say anything. I can center myself in my heart, in that place of divine energy, and radiate that out to the world without using words. If I do decide to speak, I do it slowly, from the heart, and that energy is contained in my words.

My husband heard me that day. He honoured my expression of my truth and then we proceeded on with our shared lives. It didn't seem to change him very much. But I can assure you that it changed me deeply and forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment