Wednesday, May 15, 2013

We Won't Wait Any Longer

"We won't wait any longer, we are stronger." This is part of a song by Ian Corrigan. I heard it many years ago.

It came into my consciousness this morning, as I thought about the world today and how we are in the world, how I am.

Ever since I was very young, I have loved. I have loved sweetly and gently and without reservation or conditions. I have loved the world with all my heart.

And I am not alone in this. Many people have felt this love in their hearts. Many people have felt this sweet communion with the world.

We were taught that we should not love. We were taught that loving hurts and is dangerous. We were taught to hide our love away. We were taught that loving in this way was foolish and silly.

But we loved anyway. Quietly, secretly, sometimes ashamedly, we loved anyway.

We loved the world when the bombs fell in distant countries. We, some of us, loved the world when the bombs fell on our own countries. May we all send our deepest honouring to those of us who have lived through that and love still.

We loved the world when the lies were told to us, over and over again.

We loved the world while the rich got richer, while the liars and cheats stole millions and billions and trillions from the poor and the disenfranchised of the world.

We loved even as hypocrisy seemed to triumph. Even when hypocrisy, greed and corruption sounded their winnings from the rooftops, still we loved deep in our hearts. Our love never wavered, not in that deep place within us. It did not hesitate. It was not diminished.

We loved the world whenever we saw some small corner of it, untouched by greed, unsullied.

We loved to see the innocence in the young child's eyes.

We loved the sweet purity of a wild flower.

We loved all those parts of the world that cannot ever be owned or fenced - the sky, the oceans, the clouds.

And yes, we cried sometimes. Sometimes, when the darkness of hatred and anger, of greed and me versus you and us versus them became too much for us in our love, in our sweet, golden unconditional love, sometimes then we wept. Sometimes then we cried out for help.

We need not cry anymore. We need not hide our love away ever again. No, not ever again.

We are so much stronger now, in our love, in our light. We dwell now in the first sweet rays of exultation, for the world is changing and it is we ourselves who have wrought this change, who have worked this miracle.

We love openly now, filling the world with golden light, even more than it already is, even more every day.

We don't wait any longer. We don't hide anymore.
We don't wait any longer. We are stronger.

We are free now.

All the ways that we can love the world are ours now to enjoy.

We are safe now.

We are in a new world of love and light for all.

And all the times that I have felt silenced, that I have felt judged for being what I am - a beacon of love and light in the world - all the times that I have felt that I must be a crazy fool to love the world as I did, all of those times, are wiped clean now, are released from my being, as just a bad dream.

We are free now to love the world and to heal it and free it and make of it all that it can be - a place of love and light and freedom for all.

Feel it. Love and light and freedom for all.

The tide has turned.

And our love is now the way of the world. I know this to be true, as I know that the sun rises and the grasses grow.

I love the world. This has always been true, but now, when I say it, it is very different for me than all the other times that I have said it. For now, I say it without apology, without that self-deprecating shrug of the shoulders.

Now, shoulders back, head held high, I say with all my voice,

I love the world. And I am mighty in this. I am exultant in this. I am joyous in this. I am vast and powerful in this. I am triumphant in this. Yes. I dare to say it. I am triumphant in this.


We won't wait any longer. We are stronger.












No comments:

Post a Comment